What is a MACS Face Lift?
As described above, MACS-Facelift (Minimal Access Cranial Suspension) is a type of Mini Face Lift. It is a surgical procedure that is performed under local or twilight anaesthesia. The MACS-Lift helps to:
- Remove excessive jowling in the lower face
- Remove deep creases that appear between the nose and mouth and
- Restores a sharper and more defined jawline
- Improve neck sagging
It provides natural looking results with shorter operative time, quicker recovery, and less potential for complications compared with traditional face lifts.
How is the MACS Lift procedure preformed?
The procedure is performed under local anaesthesia as a day-procedure without the requirement for hospital admission.
This minimally invasive procedure involves less undermining of the skin than the traditional face lift and does not require exposing the facial nerve branches.
The procedure is characterised by short incisions, limited skin undermining and suture suspension of the deep tissue (SMAS) of the face.
How long the procedure takes?
The MACS Lift- mini face lift procedure is quicker, taking an average of two hours versus the four to five hours required for a traditional face lift.
It is tolerated quite well by the patient and there is significantly less risk of DVT and other potential complications associated with longer duration surgeries.
What is the recovery from a MACS Lift surgery?
Most people tolerate the MACS lift reasonably well. Since no general anaesthesia is administered; patients are able to go home straight after the surgery and do not required prolonged post-surgical inpatient monitoring.
While facial swelling and some bruising is common, the severity and duration is more limited when compared with a traditional face lift.
Light activity is permitted within 72 hours, and patients can return to work within 7 to 10 days.
Patients may have some facial numbness after the surgery, which will disappear with time. The non-absorbent stitches are usually taken out at day 6 or 7, provided the wound has healed reasonably well. Generally, the scars are not noticeable and begin to fade quickly within a few weeks.
At Medaesthetics™, we have the most extensive range of Fractional CO2 Lasers to help reduce any type of scarring whether related to a surgery or trauma.
Am I a good candidate?
The MACS face lift is probably best suited to a person who is contemplating a serious facial rejuvenation procedure with visibly significant and longer lasting results.
The procedure is designed for patients who have started to notice jowls and sagging of the face and neck, but want something more than what dermal fillers and thread lift techniques can deliver.
They are not ready for, and do not need, a more extensive Full Face Lift.
Preparation for a Mini Face Lift.
Preparation for MACS Lift involves:
- Avoiding blood-thinning medication like Nurofen, aspirin (unless for medical reasons), St John’s Wart, garlic, ginger, herbal tonics, fish oil etc. for at least two weeks prior to the surgery. This prevents excess bleeding during the procedure and reduces post-surgical swelling and bruising. Important:Please inform your GP and seek professional medical advice before stopping any regular medication.
- We recommend patients to take a herbal medication called Arnica for reducing post procedural bruising and recovery time. It should be taken daily for at least five days before your treatment day. It is available over the counter through most pharmacies and herbal food stores.
- No alcohol being consumed for at least a week before surgery as it increases the risk of procedural bleeding and hence any bruising and swelling. Alcohol and cigarettes also interfere with the normal healing process, increase the risk of potential complications and prolong the recovery time.
How much does it cost?
Most people opting for a MACS lift are also candidates for some other cosmetic procedures like brow lifts, eye lid surgery, neck lifts and skin resurfacing. At Medaesthetics® we offer value make-over packages, with significant discounts for patients opting for more than one procedure. A simple mini face lift costs between $7500 and $9500.
Please click here for more details on pricing for a mini face lift in Perth.
Why choose Medaesthetics® for your mini face lift in Perth?
Contact our Perth clinic today to discuss your options for a mini face lift. To book an appointment, please click here..
Note: At Medaesthetics Subiaco, all procedures are carried out under Local Anaesthesia, after careful patient selection. Patient deemed unfit or risky to undergo a surgical procedure under local anaesthesia are referred to a relevant plastic surgery clinic for hospital based surgery.
Important: We require a 2 weeks “cooling off” period after your initial consultation before booking any surgical treatment.