Overview of FUE Hair Transplant Surgery
Whether your hair is thinning, receding, or just disappearing, hair loss is one of the most common cosmetic issues cited by men and women from twenty years old and onwards.
It is estimated that by the age of thirty-five, as many as two-thirds of men and one-third of women suffer from some degree of hair loss. Approximately 90% of men and 50% women experience thinning hair by the age of fifty.
Forehead reduction (also called Hair-line Lowering Surgery) to reduce the distance between eyebrows and hair-line, is a commonly requested procedure in both men and women.
Hair loss is more than just a physical issue - it can also significantly impact the self-esteem and confidence of the person experiencing it.
Traditional hair transplant procedures usually employ a technique known as the strip method, which involves surgically removing a strip of tissue from the patient's scalp on the back of the head to be used as the donor site. This procedure is relatively painful, takes longer to heal and often leaves a permanent, unsightly linear scar - the known telltale sign that one had a hair transplant.
Neograft® on the other hand, uses minimally invasive Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) and implantation technology with an automated handpiece to harvest individual hair follicles from areas that consist of terminal hair, which are naturally resistant to hair loss, usually found at the back of the head above the nape of the neck. It then implants those grafts where you're loosing hair and where they will regrow as healthy, fully functioning hair. The FUE hair restoration procedure does not leave a linear scar, is minimally invasive and requires much less recovery time.
Neograft® works for all hair types, males and females alike, and gives permanent, natural-looking results that patients love.
Medaesthetics in Perth are proud to be the first clinic in Australia to offer the latest Neograft™ FUE Hair Transplant Surgery in Perth.
Frequently Asked Questions
FUE Hair Transplant with Neograft® is suited to both men and women who are healthy and have no contraindication to an elective surgical procedure. Like any other surgical procedure, there are limitations to what can be realistically acheived by this surgery in one session.
People seeking FUE procedure either want to restore hair loss or add new hair to areas where they did not have enough hair naturally, such as eye brows and forehead reduction (hair-line lowering).
The key factors that determine if an individual is suitable for any hair transplant surgery are:
- Degree of hair loss.
- Number of grafts necessary to produce the desired results.
- Density, texture and quality of the donor hair.
- Past hair transplant procedures and results acheived.
- Potential for future hair loss.
It is the responsibility of your doctor to evaluate your hair loss and determine the most appropriate treatment plan.
It is important to understand that hair transplant surgery is not suitable for all types of hair loss and is not the first line treatment. Non-surgical treatments such as oral medication, PRP, topical serums and laser therapies are often recommended to restore loss before a decision is made to have surgery.
Patient preparation, local anaesthetic, extraction and implantation of about 2000 grafts can take anywhere between six to eight hours. Patients are able to watch a movie or use their phones/ laptops/ tablets during the procedure.
Recovery time after a Neograft® hair transplant is much faster than traditional hair transplants beacuse there is no incision involved.
Most patients are able to return to their normal work/ routine within two weeks after the procedure.
The newly implanted grafts may feel tender and appear slightly raised at first but this subsides within a week. Any scabbing also flakes off within fourteen days.
Patients are allowed to wear clean and soft headgear to cover the treated scalp during the healing phase after first 3 days.
The average number of grafts required for scalp hair restoration are 2000 - 4000. Some patients may need up-to 8000 grafts or more.
At Medaesthethetics, we are only offering less than 4000 grafts in one session at this stage.
After hair transplant, the newly transplanted hair become dormant for 3-4 months after the procedure. This phase in hair growth is called Telogen. After 9-12 months when transplanted hair proceeds to the anagen or growth phase, patients are able to see the full effect of the hair transplant.
Definitely! One of the key benefits of the Neograft® FUE technique is that donor hairs are harvested in what are called "Follicular Units". These are the units that hair naturally grows in, and therefore, once they are transplanted, they will look totally natural.
The aesthetic eye of your hair transplant surgeon and his/her markings are critical for a natural looking hairline.
We find that key attributes of a successful FUE surgery are:
- Careful patient selection
- Correct evaluation of the nature and cause of the hair loss.
- Devising/mapping out a treatment plan which suits patient's budget and expectations.
- Considering social down-time and time-off-work restraints.
- Spending ample of time discussing the surgery in detail with the patient, educating them about different treatment options availble (both what we can offer in our clinic and what other options are available elsewherre) and answering any questions or concerns thoroughly.
- Drawing natural looking hair-lines so the results are as natural as possible
- Using state-of-the-art equipment and technology to gently and carefully harvest, handle and implant Hair Follicle Units.
- Using highly skilled, micro-surgery technique to make sure the least number of Hair Follicles are damaged during the process, ensuring maximum survival rate.
- Providing full clinical support and follow-up after each surgery to make sure the healing process is quick and hassle-free.
We find that an average person wanting to have hair restoration surgery spends a lot of time searching for the right clinic and the right doctor both inside Australia and overseas. Patients are usually looking for:
- Most reputable doctor/clinic
- Best value for money
It is important to understand that for most things in life, you get what you pay for, and hair restoration surgery is no different.
At Medaesthetics, the cost of Neograft® FUE Hair Transplant surgery is based upon the approximate number of hair follicles being transplanted. On average, this could be between 500 to 2000. Pricing starts from $ 4500 - $10,000 (all inclusive) in most cases.
All procedures are perfomed by Dr Ehsan Jadoon himself and are not allocted to hair-technicians like most other clinics offering cheap/discounted hair transplant surgeries.
Dr Ehsan Jadoon is a well known and well established Australia/US/UK trained cosmetic surgeon specializing in minimally invasive cosmetic dermatological surgery procedures since 2009.
Servicing Western Australia for the past 10 years, Dr Jadoon noticed that there were very few (if any) full-time surgical hair restoration clinics in WA. Majority of doctors offering Hair Restoration Surgery in WA were actually based over in the Eastern States and only visited Perth to do few cases here and there.
Most Western Australian men and women, wanting to have Hair Transplant surgery, have to travel interstate or overseas.
To fill this gap, Dr Jadoon decided to extend his surgical skills to hair resoration surgery using the FUE technique. For this, Dr Jadoon has travelled to the US and completed a hands-on training workshop with world-renowned Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr Jack Fisher based in Nashville, TN.
Dr Jadoon now offers the exact same level of clinical skills and protocols in FUE Hair Transplant in Perth as offered by the leading Neograft® surgeons around the world.
Any surgical procedure carries risk. At Medaesthetics, we are proud to offer the best post-surgical follow-up available in the industry today. This includes:
- Free follow-up appointments until the patient is fully healed after their surgery.
- For faster recovery, we offer 3 x free Healite LED Therapy sessions to all our surgical patients at no extra cost. (Additional sessions can be purchased at a discounted rate).
- In case you develop any post-surgical complication, we will treat it at no extra cost until you are healed. This provides you with the added peace of mind that you are in safe hands. No overseas, or Interstate clinic can offer this level of service since you will have to fly back to them in case there are any post-surgical complications.
Important note: It is patient's responsibility to use common sense and adhere to all pre and post surgical instructions given to them by us. We find that patient who read these instructions properly and look after their health and wellbeing before and after any surgical procedure usually heal without any complications.