Overview of Laser Skin Rejuvenation
Highly Experienced Laser Clinicians
Medically Supervised Treatments
Most Extensive Range Of Skin Lasers in WA
Medaesthetics® hosts one of the most extensive ranges of medical grade Lasers, IPL’s, LED Lights and RF Skin Rejuvenation platforms under one roof in Australia.
Our Laser, RF & IPL Facial Skin Rejuvenation treatments are extremely popular due to our experience in the field and our ability to combine more than one type of procedures based on:
- Individual skin concerns
- Budget and downtime restrictions
Facial Skin Rejuvenation treatments using Laser and Light platforms fall into two main categories:
- Treatments with minimal discomfort and little to no downtime (lunch-time procedures).
- Treatments with minor discomfort and roughly three to eight days of downtime in the form of facial redness and slight swelling.
At Medaesthetics®, we only use top of the range, world-renowned Laser, RF & Light platforms. In experienced hands, these medical strength machines deliver superior clinical results with minimal patient discomfort and risk of injury.
Frequently Asked Questions
Aggressive skin treatments penetrate deeper into the skin and deliver superior clinical results. However, such procedures are often associated with a varying degree of discomfort and downtime.
At Medaesthetics®, we use specially formulated, high strength numbing creams, cold air and other methods of anaesthesia to minimise any pain.
Treatments capable of penetrating deeper into the skin include:
- Fraxel™ Laser Peel
- Fraxel™ Laser Resurfacing
- ForeverYoung BBL™
- Sciton eTwo™ Sublative
- Revlite ™Laser Peel
- Acupulse™ CO2 Fractional Laser
- Sciton™ Erbium TLR
- Deca™ CO2
Above mentioned treatments can be fine-tuned to suit your skin concerns. Our experienced team of clinicians will be able to advise which treatment is most suitable for you after a face to face consult.
As mentioned above, the choice of treatment suitable for you depends upon the following four factors:
- Your particular skin concerns
- Your skin type (Based on the Fitzpatrick scale)
- Your downtime restrictions
- Your budget limitations
Treatments with little to no downtime and minimal discomfort are very popular. These include:
- Revlite Laser Facial
- Laser Genesis
- Healite II lED Light
- Pelleve’ skin tightening
These treatments are both gentle and cost-effective. They deliver excellent ongoing clinical results when done at regular intervals (every 8 to 12 weeks as part of Medaesthetics® Ultimate Skin Maintenance Program).
In experienced hands, these treatments are very safe. However, there are some patients who may experience the following side effects during the healing process:
- Temporary redness and swelling
- Prolonged redness (lasting several weeks. Very rare)
- A brief flare-up of pimple breakouts
- Reactivation of Cold Sores (Herpes)
- Pigmentary changes (usually in patients with darker skin types)
- Burns (extremely rare)
Here are a few things you can do to minimize developing any adverse outcomes:
- Avoid exposing the skin to direct sunlight for at least two weeks before your treatment and afterward until the skin is fully healed.
- Preparing the skin with topical Vitamin A product and other exfoliation agents at least four weeks in advance.
- Use of prophylactic cold sore medication if you have a history of cold sores.
- Use a good moisturiser regularly to help keep the skin hydrated.
- Avoid any skin products with active ingredients to minimize skin irritation until the skin is fully healed.
- Avoid application of makeup that may irritate the healing skin.
- Choose a clinic with experienced clinicians and TGA approved treatments being carried out under medical supervision.